Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cleaning your Room is a workout itself.

So yesterday, i finally decided to clean my super messy room. It was just a random moment where i was just like "Hmm, yep going to clean my room today" Me and my friend even named it Africa. It was so messy that i couldn't even walk in a straight line. I had to hop and shiiiet.

Pic related.
Africa

Then i was about to start cleaning my room and i just froze for a minute and went.."shit, where the hell do i start."

So I just sat on my bed for a good 2minutes and carefully planned on how will i clean my room. I decided to write a list of procedures on where to start etc etc.

Midway on my little cleaning escapade, I started thinking... what if i moved things around.. would it create more space for me? So i started measuring my bed and see if it's okay to turn it around 90degrees. Fortunately, It was possible so i moved it around then i decided to switch the places of my desk and my dresser. They were quite heavy and my back and butt started aching haha but i had them under control.



I even took a series of photos just to see my progress for the lulz.(see below)


 
After 5 long grueling hours of moving all 3furnitures..washing blankets and pillowcases, throwing 4plastic bags worth of trash and and putting everything where they're supposed to be..
My room felt so much better than before and it doesn't feel like im locked in since i have a small room. My room never felt so fresh. And i've never felt so free!
Last time i can only fit 3people in my room. Now i can fit 5 comfortably. :') and i'm very proud of the new look of my room. Even my parents were amazed when they saw my new room, they were pretty happy themselves.


Dundundndun. here it is.



If you didn't notice i started with the nice sun shining my room and ending it during the night -__- yea that long.  But it was worth it! You should do the same!


How about you guys? Did your room ever get that messy or my room is nothing compared to yours?!

61 comments:

Nie Mand said...

More like Iraq, in good times :D

The Messy Apron said...

Wow congrats it looks great in the end! My house gets always gets dirty, I always tell myself, I am going to clean a little each day. But I always just end up having to pull an all day cleaning marathon lol

Bob lehcror said...

Ahaha you have time to blog when you should be cleaning.
Hope you have a nice clean room still

Lawlsauce said...

I dont even want to try to clean my room, this place is a fucking mess.

JillDine said...

ill do it tomorrow~

razortek said...

great post!

Anonymous said...

omg that is my room?:O.

:))) i joke

Unknown said...

Great post man!

NotBlank said...

when i clean my room , i do good

Mesty said...

Oh wow the end result looks like a nice hotel room!
Great work!
Mesty =)

Barry White said...

AWESOME!

Crammarc said...

nice happens to me every few months too

Crammarc said...

Yeah its tough to stay up to date on the weekends

Anonymous said...

I like your post and I would really like to see more of them

Anonymous said...

I like your post and I would really like to see more of them

Anonymous said...

now that i think about it, my room is a mess -.-

Lil' Rocker Flower said...

First post, HAHAHA
Ok, nice job cleaning your room, You were living like a beast and tha's not fair for any person

Switcher said...

nice room man!

Tweek said...

Great post! Following you.

AimlessTendencies said...

Dirty rooms are a turn off for me. I don't want to step foot in a roach infested square. Nice cleanup job n_n

Donkote said...

your rooms actually relatively clean compared to mine...

Anonymous said...

nice, you got shit done

Discerning Gentleman said...

if you generally keep your room clean, you won't have to spend so much time cleaning up

btw, check out my new post on Enhanced by MS Paint :)

Ale-X said...

Clean more often, it wont be as bad

ModerneFusion said...

Wow, that's so funny, I just cleaned my room today as well :D

Kash said...

this blog is the bees knees

JDF said...

Nice, it's satisfying as fuck to clean your room ain't it?

KnT said...

You did a very good job, the after looks so much better.

Anonymous said...

Hey! First comment lol.

I like the slideshow :p

Whenever I clean a mess I start with trash. It's the easiest because you don't need to organize it or anything.

R0cker09 said...

omg that looks gross

Jimmy Volmer said...

whoa, your room was nasty

The Square Circle said...

lol. i know the feeling.

John's Blagovore said...

My room is filled with a king size mattress that takes up 75% of it. So basically I have an L to work with.
Meaning I'll trip on stuff if I let it get too messy.

Nerd Life said...

that was super messy!

SC2 Strats said...

hahahaha, been there. Hate cleaning my room.

Per S said...

Yeah... pretty much every time I cleaned it looked like that. Not a good workout schedule though, as I would only clean about once a year :P

Owtwem said...

Nicee! The new look is much better.
Man, my room gets trashed like that WAYYYY more than it should. I sort of need to give it a cleaning and move shit around as well! Love the pictures throughout the day, great touch.

Anonymous said...

i hate cleaning my room but thats why i have a gf :)

Luigibomb said...

Whoa that room is messy.

Quinn Electronics said...

good job. I was about to call one of those hoarding shows on you. jk

tonyman33 said...

Thats nothing compared to my room

Frank said...

Mine is relatively clean... No stuff on the floor and only my desk is slightly cluttered...

Anonymous said...

I never clean my room.

Igloo said...

thats how my room looks like right now.. and even when i clean it all up the next day its a mess again :/!

Discerning Gentleman said...

wow, i never let mine get that messy!

Oh oh! Banana! said...

Mine has been worse.

Oh oh! Banana! said...

A lot worse.

KTOTHES said...

This is motivating!! I gotta clean my room this weekend.

Primarch Solyeuse said...

The first thing I ever do when cleaning a room is clear the storage areas. If my desk and bookcase aren't ready to take the mess back, I end up futilely arranging and rearranging for hours.

2Beer1Sip said...

there a such dirtier rooms in the world bro

Barry White said...

Great post!

lulz88 said...

i got a messy room too, i better get on it

Xsi said...

Looks like my room between Thursday and monday!

rancour said...

Bahhhh thats nothing I used to work for a company that cleaned the houses of "hoarders" it was like if hell were real...evidence of cats eating other cats due to starvation, human feces cemented on the floor , truly disgusting shit...made me lose a little respect for humanity (not that i had a whole lot to begin with)

RonNiebOy said...

O.o its a warzone...lol...showin love

tortacular said...

thats messy

Delfin said...

looks like my room (the dirty one) i may take this same approach.

Shadow said...

Agreed man, room cleaning is a bitch.

J. Antonio said...

Hard job!!

grizz said...

it could be worse. just start with cloths and garbage :D

Anonymous said...

Good job there on the cleanup. Looked like a war zone.